Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Darren Waterston



For my first "real" entry, I figured I'd mention one of my favorite artists, Darren Waterston. I was first introduced to this guy by my boyfriend (who happens to be a studio art major) after he took notice of his art on an album cover of the Silversun Pickups. (By the way, if you don't know of this band, they are fantastic. Sort of an uber-contemporary Smashing Pumpkins sound, mixed with I-don't-know-what-else. I saw them up close at Lollapalooza and I have to say I enjoyed their performance most of all.) Anyway, his work is very haunting, yet beautiful. Everything is very organic (whether nature is represented blatantly or not), and it's just, well, gorgeous. And very inspiring. I'll let you decide.




Pretty awesome, right? What do you think? Know of any similar artists?

images via darrenwaterston.com





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Silversun Pickups and I am so jealous that you got to go to Lollapalooza. This guy's work is beautiful; thanks for spotlighting it!

    ReplyDelete