Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We can't survive on your bedroom eyes and a spanish guitar

Hello all!

It's been an interesting day thus far. Yes... indeed. It's Tuesday! Which means Monday is over and we're a day closer to the weekend - namely (in my case) Spring Break! Woooooo!

I've found several interesting things over the past day or so, and I've noticed they've all fallen into a nice retro color scheme. I guess I'll comment on that later.

By now, I'm sure plenty of you have seen this Brangelina shoot from W magazine (2005) via whorange. Holy cow, is it awesome. So you're gonna look at it again! Except with my favorite photos from the set.

The topic was "a crumbling marriage" or something along those lines. Doesn't this just look incredibly awkward? No love. Also reminding me of a scene from A Single Man, except with a completely different mood.

















What a gorgeous lady, even though I bet you'd be hard pressed to find a woman looking like her in the 60s. Makeup is right-on.

















I wonder if this photo was a happy coincidence? I doubt it. Very interesting.

















This is just SCREAMING Anne Bancroft in The Graduate. As if all of these didn't scream Anne / Mrs. Robinson right in your face.



















This one is just so real it almost hurts.




















Uh-oh. ACTING!




















Creeeeepy. Glad he's leaving, though. What a shot.




















Well, that was a downer.


How about now we take a look at some beautiful, fresh-retro interior design? Just a little bit. Here's the post from design is mine so you can check it all out.

Really digging this room in general.



















I like all the elements that add color and what they're doing for the awful drab-ness going on there. Guh.
























I want that painting.


Next, this cat's coming to kick your ass! Artist Lisa Hanawalt sure draws some bizarre stuff (mentioned in an earlier post here). I like it, though!




















via my love for you is a stampede of horses.


*sigh* Today is going to be a weird day. I can feel it.

See you guys later.

1 comment:

  1. I love that huge lamp, different sizes of mirror on the wall and that pink chair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete