Monday, February 15, 2010

The worlds collide, but all that we want is a shady lane


Hellooo!


I had a very satisfactory Valentines Day, but who cares? It's friggin' PREZIDENTZ DAY NAO!






























Lawl. Ok, that's enough of that.



This lady (Lisa Congdon) is all over the blogosphere, I've seen her at sfgirlbybay, automatism, and design is mine. Anyway, I want to draw attention to these glorious landscape paintings...




I'm also a big fan of her animal art...



Apparently she is also working on a collection of photos, paintings, illustrations, etc. a day for a whole year...

"This is a blog documenting a project that will span exactly one year, from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010. On each of those 365 days, I will photograph or draw (and occasionally paint) one collection. Most of the collections are real and exist in my home or studio; those I will photograph. Some are imagined; those I will draw or (occasionally) paint."
The link above is to the blog. It's been pretty interesting so far. I admire her diligence and dedication! I can't even stick to updating this thing as often as I'd like to.

that tip via automatism.


A friend of mine tweeted this this morning:






























Check her outtttt it's Computer Engineer Barbie!

"'All the girls who imagine their futures through Barbie will learn that engineers - like girls - are free to explore infinite possibilities, limited only by their imagination," says Nora Lin, President, Society of Women Engineers. "As a computer engineer, Barbie will show girls that women can turn their ideas into realities that have a direct and positive impact on people's everyday lives in this exciting and rewarding career.'"
ORLY, Nora Lin?

I have mixed feelings about this. While I fully support Barbie's attempt to be a career woman and expand her horizons, inspiring little girls everywhere to boot up their parents' computer and start coding her first website, I don't know a single self-respecting programmer who would wear sparkly stretch pants. And why does her top have to have stupid digi-graphics on it? AND WHY DOES SHE HAVE GLASSES?

I'd like to dedicate one GIGANTIC EYE-ROLL to Mattel. *ROLLS EYES*


On another Barbie-related note, I found this cool Museum of Foreign Groceries on automatism.



















Whaaaat? I remember when Barbie looked like that and had that logo. That was ca. the awesome b-day party my mom threw for me when I was like, five. I wish I had photos.

Also, I collected WAAAAY too many of these, once upon a time.





























They were pretty tasty, if I remember correctly, and those stickers were TOTALLY worth it...























Yeah. Worth it.

And lastly, I just really like this photo. That's just the kind of mood I've been in lately. =)

















via design is mine.

Well that was a pretty darn good post, if I say so myself. That's it for today on In Other Skies!

Byeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment